With School Commencing, Summer in the Air, Why Not Have a Canada Day Celebration to Really Kick off the Summer!?
Stop by Al Hattie Insurance this week to enter your name in our free draw for a wicked Canada Day Prize Package.
It has everything you need to be Canada Day ready! Two Canada Day lawn chairs to watch the fireworks in, two maple leaf sparklers, Canada Day themed candy while you wait for the show to start, two Blue Jays ball caps, a beach ball, and two fancy plastic cups! With this package all you have to plan is what fireworks you are going to watch that night.
- Saskatoon, SK- Probably the most popular in Saskatoon would be the fireworks at Diefenbaker Park starting at 8 am on July. 1 with a buffet breakfast available until 10 am than a ceremony Celebration cake at 10 am, followed by entertainment at 11 am and going on all day until 10:40 at which the fireworks will begin. For more information visit: www.optimistcanadadaysaskatoon.com
- Saskatoon, SK- In and around Saskatoon firework shows:
*Diefenbaker Park @ Jul. 1 | 10:40 pm
*Dundonald Park @ Jul. 1 | 10 pm
*North Ridge Centennial Community Centre, Martensville @ Jul. 1 | Dusk
*Lion's Park, Warman @ Jul. 1 | 10:30 pm
*Radisson Ball Park, Radisson @ Jul.1 | 11 pm
- Saskatoon, SK- Biggie Brunch @ the Capitol Music Club Jul. 1 11 am - 4 pm Go listen to the finest Biggie beats while eating fine breakfast eats. $16. 25 gets you Brunch & either a Mimosa or a glass of draught
- Dakota Dunes Casino, SK- 20 minutes South of Saskatoon on highway 219, Jul. 1 @ Dusk they have extravagant fireworks, best kept secret! Although it's not exactly a secret, the parking lot fills up quickly so get out early to make sure you get a spot. Bring your lawn chairs and set up for a great show, begins at Dusk, admission is free. For more information call 306-667-6400.
- Regina, SK- If you will be in our capitol city over the celebration holiday than Wascana Park is the place for you. Starting Jul. 1, 2018 at 8:30 am - 10:30 am a pancake breakfast at Wascana Centre, followed by Western Canada's Strongest Man @Legislative grounds, free children's activities on the Children's Stage, The Trews on the main stage in Wascana Park, Plywood Cup 1-6 pm across Wascana Lake & After Dark the fireworks will begin!
- Moose Jaw, SK- Canada Day at the WDM Moose Jaw from 10 am to 2 pm, Jul. 1, 2018, ever tried to make ice cream the old fashioned way? Well this is your chance! Create crafts and take part in a new Canada Day photo scavenger hunt. Feeling nostalgic, stop in the theater to catch some vintage Canadian short films from the National Film Board.
- Swift Current, SK- Frontier Days! Jun. 28, 29, 30 & Jul. 1, 2018 This annual country fair is a fun filled event for the entire family. Activities include midway rides, grandstands concerts, trade shows, cattle shows, 4-H competitions, parade & Fireworks @ 11 pm
- Prince Albert, SK- @ Prince Albert National Park admission is FREE! They are kicking off the day with a pancake breakfast at the Community Hall, followed by a lively parade, a flag raising ceremony, and a delicious birthday cake. They even give you a chance to be apart of the celebrations by decorating your bike and joining in the parade! Stay & explore the wonders of the natural outdoors Canada has to offer here in our own backyard of Saskatchewan! For more information contact the Waskesiu Recreation Association - 306-663-5410 or by email: WaskesiuRecreation@gmail.com.
It seems as soon as the snow melted summer was approaching us as fast as a Bugatti Veyron, and no breaks in sight. With summer comes summer holidays for all our children, and as much as we all wish we could take summer off as well that's not always in the cards. So many families look to summer camps to help entertain there children over school break.
Finding the right camp for your kids can be difficult, do you know the right questions you should be asking yourself before you send your kid off?
1. Are campers supervised by trained individuals? What level of training do the counsellers have? This is especially important in skilled activities, and any camps that have swimming as an activity.
2. How are counsellors screened for background clearance?
3. Does the camp offer any sort of accident benefits coverage outside of their own Commercial General Liability policy? Ask how injuries that occur during camp are treated and what coverage is offered to campers if the injury is more serious and requires treatment outside of the scope of provincial health care plans.
4. If campers are being transported in camp-owned vehicles or busses, what insurance does the driver hold?
5. Does the camp have an emergency plan in place in case of evacuation or catastrophe requiring all campers to be moved off site?
It never hurts to ask these questions especially when you are to consider giving someone else the responsibility of the safety and care of your children.
Happy 262 years of combined birthday ages in the office! In the next month we have 7 of 15 birthdays! The celebration month kicked off with Nicole, than Brent, Teralyn, Jason, Lee, and ending with Corinne & Susan on the same day!
Our office's Nicole Turk, cleverly made a cake for the back-to-back birthdays! She wanted to include all the birthdays on the one cake and came up with the idea of combining all the years to make the birthday candles! How so very sweet... in more than one way... as in the cake was delicious! The cake was a round layered cake with a blue frosting, topped with sprinkles. Inside was a purple frosting. I'm pretty sure a cheat day was a no-brainer for clean eaters, and left many wanting seconds,or even thirds. Thanks Nicole!!!
Our office is pretty awesome in the sense that we all work very hard, but play harder. It's so nice when the office employees take initiative to do kind things for one another, making our bonds that much stronger. Sharing and making memories together.
To top off the celebration of numerous back-to-back birthdays in our office, we also have a very special birthday. One that, without it, none of this would really make any correlation! This is the 36th birthday of the start of Al Hattie Insurance! On Feb. 1 Al Hattie Insurance will be celebrating another miraculous year of business! One that started only from a banker box of files that has grown to thousands. Come by to sign our book, a tradition that we have held for years & some coffee and donuts!
#262yearsold #officefun #yummmmm #AHI #happybirthdaytohalftheoffice
There's nothing really funny about this cold weather but we can't totally knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine tenths of people couldn't start a conversation!
With the cold weather comes the natural human instinct to get warm. This could mean anything from firing up your wood stove or booking a holiday down south! Either or, this will bring you to want to make a quick stop to Al Hattie Insurance before.
1. If you have a wood stove, or are planning on installing one make sure you check with your broker, Al Hattie Insurance, beforehand to see if this will affect your home insurance policy and how. Wood stoves are ideal as a backup source of heat in that emergency situation where a power outage has occurred.
2. If you are amongst the many fortunate people to take off to warmer climates for holidays your first stop should be Al Hattie Insurance to purchase your Emergency Medical Travel Insurance. We carry a variety of carriers to meet all sorts of different client’s needs, and also to provide quotes from those companies, finding you the best rate so that you're not paying more than you need to be.
3. After your travel insurance needs are met, our one stop shop will also be able to provide you information on your home insurance policy and the specific requirements set out by your insurance company that you must meet to have coverage while you are away. Every company is different and ever changing so these are good things to routinely check up on so that you are up to date on the most recent requirements.
Hopefully these few points from Al Hattie Insurance can help keep the cold weather the only problem until we are all like "Winter who?".